200 (bikepacking) miles around Slovenia is a novelty in the Slovenian, European and world cycling area.
We are proud to pave the way for competitive bikepacking in Slovenia as well. For riders, this is a sprint variant.
We are proud of all of you reading this Race Manual. This means that you have reached the first step towards participating in the premiere performance of Slovenian competitive bikepacking.
We will be proud of every participant who will appear at the start and will be able to ride the route between Šalovci and Ajdovščina in the spirit and ethics of bikepacking.
Any participant in this test, who in the spirit and ethics of bikepacking can perform the route between Šalovci and Ajdovščina, can be proud of himself, because he will be able to do the route himself without the help of the team who shoots him in front and behind.
The following is some information about this unforgettable ordeal.
APPLICATIONS only on https://bikepackingslovenija.si/en/application-200-bikepacking-miles-around-slovenija/
Your application will be validated upon receipt of payment, so keep in mind the cheaper rules.
- 70 € to 30.5.,
- 85 € to 5.7.,
- 100 € to 5.8.,
- End of applications 5.8.2020,
- applications extended until 25.8.2020,
- payment of the entry fee to the organizer’s TRR, you will receive the invoice by e-mail,
- no entry fee can be refunded,
- in case of cancellation (until 5.8.2020), at the express request of the participant, half of the amount paid may be carried over to the following year.
You can make the payment by following the instructions on the website: https://bikepackingslovenija.si/signup-200-bikpacking-milj-po-slovenji/
Bikepacking Slovenia Sports Association
Bank account: IBAN SI56 0475 1000 1548 122
BIC SWIFT: KBMASI2X, Tax No .: 41498003
purpose: ”200 miles-name and surname”
If you pay for multiple participants at the same time, please report their names to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted no later than 5/8/2020 or until the limit of paid competitors’ applications has been filled. Registration is confirmed when the entry fee is paid and received on the organizer’s account. Applications will be considered in the order of payments received. The transition between the competition and the categories is possible until 5.8.2020.
Cancellation of the application can be done only by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pairs (each of the pair registers in their application, stating the name of the teammate):
If in the event of one participant withdrawing, the other participant may continue to compete according to the rules applicable to solo participants, but may only be a finisher in the finish and cannot compete for the rank.
- participation in the competition,
- use of GPS tracker and timing,
- practical reward,
- shower on finish.
FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- anything that is not explicitly stated to include the entry fee.
- The organizer provides each participant with a GPS tracker, for which the participant places a deposit.
- Each participant receives their GPS tracker, which they must place in the appropriate position on the bike before starting.
- After arriving at the finish, each participant must return the gps tracker to the organizer, which returns the deposit to the participant.
- In case of withdrawal, the gps participant must send the tracker to the organizer address.
BY APPLICATION, EVERY PARTICIPANT PERSONALLY AGREES WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Understand and approve the terms of cooperation that are in the rules,
- agrees to abide by all points of the rules,
- agrees to respect and promote bikepacking ethics,
- to agree to be aware of his or her personal medical condition that the organizer assumes no responsibility for any health problems that may occur during the event due to a sudden event or negligence on the part of the competitor.
200 (bikepacking) miles around Slovenia is a cycling competition that takes place exclusively on the territory of the Republic of Slovenia between Šalovci (Hostel Peterloug, Markovci 93, 9204 Šalovci – start) and through two obligatory sections:
- Kruplivnik 86, 9264 Grad
- town Železniki (municipality Železniki4228 Železniki)
to Elementary school Šturje, Bevkova 22, Ajdovščina (destination).
Each participant prepares the rest of the route by himself.
Observe road traffic regulations and any sections that are prohibited from cycling. Where there is a bike lane, use of the bike lane is mandatory.
9/5/2020 at 00:01.
The finish will be 5.9.2020 at 20:00.
max. time: 20 hours.
Anyone who achieves the finish in this time will receive the title ”Finisher 200 (bikepacking) miles around Slovenia 2020 ”. Participants who arrive at the finish after this time will be classified into a specific category.
DINNER BEFORE START, OVERNIGHT BEFORE START AND CARRIAGE OF EQUIPMENT FROM START TO FINISH
For a symbolic surcharge, a pre-start dinner will be organized and one luggage (bag) will be transported from start to finish. For information on these services, please contact +386 41 200 485 (Bojan).
Anyone interested in staying overnight should contact Hostel Peterloug (+386 41 200 485 – Bojan).
AWARDS AND CLASSIFICATION
There is NO rewards.
The one who gets to the finish (taking into account bikepacking rules) in each category is ranked higher.
- reflective vest
- first aid,
- protection foil.
- technically perfect bike,
- functioning RIGHT front and rear lights,
- spare batteries,
- reflective straps on the frame and on all the forks of the wheel.
A technical inspection of the technical completeness of the bicycle and the mandatory equipment and participant will be 4.9.2020 at 14:00 on start at Hostel Peterloug, Markovci 63, 9204 Šalovci. Without a technical examination, participation in the competition will not be possible.
Contestants attend the competition at their own risk. The Organizer assumes no responsibility for injuries or damage caused to participants’ equipment. By participating in the event, the competitor agrees to all the rules and consequences applicable to the event.
Each competitor must have their own accident insurance, which will cover all search, rescue and treatment costs and includes liability insurance.
Upon registration, the participant declares that he or she is physically fit.
Helping anyone is forbidden.
The exception is to assist another competitor who is at risk of health or life. Such assistance is mandatory and will be particularly rewarding.
BREACH OF RULES
Rules are a necessary evil and any violation of the rules will be punished. The amount of the penalty will be in time increment and will be imposed upon arrival at the destination, in some cases followed by disqualification.
Pay particular attention to:
- Violation of the rule of self-care (third-party assistance) and riding in a shelter will be punished with lifelong disqualification without the possibility of an appeal.
- Use of transport during the match – lifelong disqualification.
- Insults or threats to the organizer or volunteer – lifetime disqualification.
- Dumping on and off the track – disqualification.
- Avoiding helping a teammate in difficulty – disqualification.
- Disqualification can be immediate or if irregularities are identified.
Follow bikepacking rules. Be a proud bikepacker.
There will be quite a few judges and volunteers along the route who will not be labeled, you may not even see them all.
The decision of the organizer on the sentencing is final.
- Each participant must agree to the rules published on https://bikepackingslovenija.si/rules/. Without this consent, participation is not possible.
- Everyone competes at their own risk.
- The race is open to all men and women who are of age on the day of the competition.
- The competition will be in any weather. The only exception is situations where the safety of participants can be cancellated (an extreme storm…). In this case, the event variant or even the cancellation is decided by the event organizer. In the event of cancellation or competition, 70% of the entry fee will be refunded to participants.
- The route will NOT be marked.
- All participants must have the required mandatory equipment.
- The competitor may voluntarily withdraw from the competition at any time. He must immediately notify the organizer of his withdrawing.
All complaints must be submitted within half an hour after the competitor arrives at the finish line, in writing or verbally, with a deposit of € 50. Complaints about track irregularities must be made in writing and with supporting documents (photographic material or the witnesses).
The appeal will be decided by the organizer. The decision will be taken as soon as possible. The decision of the organizer is final.
- Andrej Zaman, Head of Competition Organizing Committee and Head of Competition,
- Bojan Kučan, Assistant to the Head of the Organizing Committee of the Competition and Head of the Competition, responsible for the starting area,
- Simona Cokan, Assistant to the Head of the Organizing Committee of the Competition and Head of Competition, responsible for the target space,
- anyone deemed competent by the competition manager in a particular dispute or complaint.
Each contestant waives the claim for photographic copyright during the event and waives any action against the organizer and his partners for the use of his pictures.
- Municipality of Šalovci
- Šturje Primary School, Ajdovščina
ŠD Bikepacking Slovenia team
+386 41 687 069 (Andrej)